Benefits of Natural GasNatural gas is an economical energy source that keeps your home comfortable, is gentler on the environment than other energy sources, and is produced right here at home. 85 percent of the natural gas U.S. consumers use is produced domestically (the remaining 15 percent comes from neighboring Canada via pipeline).
The many benefits of a natural gas home include:
- One of the best energy saving choices you can make is to install a gas water heater rather than electric. Gas water heaters provide far more hot water at a much lower cost than comparable electric models. Most models do not even require electricity to operate.
- The great chefs of the world cook with gas because the flame is controllable, heat is available instantly, heat does not linger when turned off, consistent results are produced and the gas oven provides a moist even heat.
- Gas grills provide the fastest, most economical and controllable outdoor cooking.
- Gas space heating models are available with thermostat controls and in very efficient vent-free models that do not require duct work. Many models can be used during power outages.
- Central home heating with natural gas provides a truly warm, comfortable heat no matter how severe the weather outside.
- Bring warmth, efficiency and ambiance to your home with gas fireplaces. These clean burning appliances can provide instant heat with no electricity needed.
- Gas clothes dryers will provide fresh-smelling, fluffy laundry in much less time than electric models. Not only will your clothes dry faster, but with natural gas, the cost of drying is significantly less than with electric.
- Patio, yard and street gaslights provide an attractive, nostalgic glow to your outdoor spaces without attracting insects. More Gas Product Info